• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

Autoresponder needs ability to reply to "reply-to" field

B

bensontrent

Guest
Autoresponders need the ability to reply to correct e-mail address.

I have produced a form with FrontPage and setup the user's e-mail address as the reply-to feild. On submit, Frontpage generates an e-mail. The plesk autoresponder is setup to respond, but an error is generated because the user's e-mail address is not used.

The forms in frontpage produce an e-mail with this header (with fake e-mail addresses):

From: [email protected] <<<Plesk Autoresponder always responds to this e-mail address field.
To: [email protected]
Reply-to: [email protected] <<<Correct Email autoreponder should use.
Subject: Website Request from: General Info


Problem is, the autoresponder in PLESK won't use the reply-to line--It will only work with the "From" line...Which frontpage generates as [email protected]

Is there anyway to get around this...either from the frontpage angle or through plesk? Am I going to have to scrap my frontpage forms and use php?

If plesk simply allowed the autoresponder to use the reply-to line (which is more logical), It would save a lot of users a lot of pain.

Also, the ablity to use simple HTML in an autoreponder would be very helpful.
 
I love how this program is supported, Thinking I shouldn't buy it.

I too have the same problem. Figures this thread is old too.
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem. I ended up using the Form Mail script. I had to junk my frontpage form proccessing. The frontpage experts said there's no way around it.

SWsoft-- Are you listening???
 
This feature has been suggested in a few suggestion posts before, so hopefully it will get added soon.
 
Back
Top