• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponder not working when using a mail alias

E

edispah

Hi

Im using Plesk Reloaded 7.5.3 on fedora core 2

I have a domain domaina.com that I have mail accounts set up on. The users can also recieve email via domainb.com, this works fine after I followed some instructions on this forum i.e.

Manually added domainb.com to

/var/qmail/control/rcpthosts

and

/var/qmail/control/virtualdomains

in the virtualdomains file I gave it the same number as domaina so it looks like

domaina.com:82
domainb.com:82

This works fine and users get email on domaina.com and domainb.com directed into the same mailbox.

I turned on an autoreponder which works ok for domaina.com but fails on domainb.com the message I get in the maillog is

success: autoresponder:_Unable_to_fetch_row_for_mail_id_:/did_1+0+2/

I guess it must be looking for the mysql autoresponder record using the domainb.com domain which doesnt exist in any of the mysql tables, is there a way around this?

Kind Regards

Paul Houselander

This is correct, the autoresponder can not work in this scenario because the contents are searched in the database based on the domain name, that does not exist.

I guess I know its not designed to handle this situation I just wondered if there was a fudge that would work.

e.g. adding a dummy record into the domains table with the same id as the aliased domain.

Its doing an sql lookup and not getting anything back, if I knew what tables it was looking it would help.

Does anyone know when Plesk will support mail domain aliases?

Thanks

Paul

Back