• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Autoresponder not working

rbstern

Basic Pleskian
Hello all.

I first experienced this problem with Plesk for Windows 8.2. When setting up autoresponders in the Plesk control panel, nothing happened. No auto response was sent. I got in the habit of using the Mailenable console interface to set up auto responses for a couple of clients who needed it.

I just staged a brand new server with Plesk for Win 8.6. One of the things I was looking forward to was the elimination of this problem.

I just tested it, and the problem still exists (again, I am using Mailenable as the engine).

I've researched this, and the related posts I've found and the answers given are spotty, at best.

Anybody else have this trouble?

Thanks.

Hi. Yes same problem here. Plesk 8.6 for Windows. I've done extensive testing and can't get it to send an autoresponse. I've gone through error logs and can't find any mention of a failed send for the autoresponder.

I've gave up and tried to install Vacation for Horde so clients could set up their own autoresponder via their webmail but I couldn't get that working either. But I really haven't done much troubleshooting on that so eventually I might get it to work.

Your mailenable workaround is great. Hadn't thought of that and that gets me temporarily out of trouble with one client who desperately needs an autoresponder.

Any advice from Parallels would be greatly appreciated.

Michael, sorry you are having the same problem as me, but glad to hear another voice in the wilderness.

Does Parallels not care about supporting critical lapses in functionality for it's products? The lack of responsiveness is disheartening.

Just thought I would add another voice to the issue. I am usig 8.6 with mailenable and am having the same problem.
have been using mailenable to get out of trouble in the short term but would welcome a solution.

This works for me (found in another topic).

We had the same problem with plesk for Windows 8.1. Now we could solve it:
In Mailenable Management Console > Servers > Agents > MTA
-Click on "Properties"
-Check the box "Enable pickup event"
-"Program to execute on mail file": "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\memailfilter.exe"
(This box was empty before and we think this is the reason)

We had the same problem with plesk for Windows 8.1. Now we could solve it:
In Mailenable Management Console > Servers > Agents > MTA
-Click on "Properties"
-Check the box "Enable pickup event"
-"Program to execute on mail file": "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\memailfilter.exe"
(This box was empty before and we think this is the reason)

Hae checked in mailemable and the Program to execute on mail file": "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\memailfilter.exe" is already there. This does not appear to be the problem

Steve

Still no solution

This problem is driving me up a tree. It's actually worse than before, because in addition to complete failures, some clients report that old, previously deleted autoresponders are sent.

I am at my wits end on this.

Anyone?

I am seeing this same issue and have no idea how long it has been going on. Also 8.6, using Windows 2003.

Anyone else find a solution tot his?

I tried to added the enable pickup event, but no change I could see.

Also, tried running "%plesk_bin%\mailmng.exe" --reset-autoresponder "--domain-name=DOMAIN" "--mailname=USER" with no luck either.

I'm at a loss, . I administer or have administered about a half dozen different mail solutions (Sendmail, Postfix, Qmail, SmarterMail, Mailsite, Exchange) and this is by far the worst.

Back