• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

AWOL FTP Backup Repository

matthew@

New Pleskian
Just migrated my Plesk 7.5/FreeBSD 5.3 to a Plesk 8.3/FreeBSD 6.2 environment. Couple of minor things that aren't quite right...

* When I do an FTP backup (for a client, in this case), it seems to work fine, but in the FTP Repository tab, under 'Existing backup files', it says 'No existing backup files' - is it supposed to show me all the files in my FTP site? It does seem to be working so it's not a disaster, but it would be nice to see them.

* The migration broke all my permissions, all httpdocs folders and files inside them were set to 750 :( Fixed now, but I have some more domains to migrate, any idea why?

* I'm having trouble with Watchdog reporting that Apache is down, but it's running just fine (I've restarted Apache and rebooted the server). But from other threads here, I guess I'm not alone so maybe I should just live without it for now...

MTIA, Matthew

I said:

* I'm having trouble with Watchdog reporting that Apache is down, but it's running just fine (I've restarted Apache and rebooted the server). But from other threads here, I guess I'm not alone so maybe I should just live without it for now...

Well, one down - looking at the watchdog config files, I figured out that there was a PHP error in one of my sites, that broke it when accessing it via IP rather than by domain name.

It seems that watchdog is not just checking that the Apache process exists, but checking that the the primary IP address returns a valid response - ie that the default domain for that IP address is working OK.

My FTP backup problem still persists though... any ideas appreciated.

Back