• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWS Instance w/ SpamAssassin

johnrt

Basic Pleskian
I have the Parallel's instance running on AWS. Everything is checking out OK so far. Had to resolve, IP issue that blocked DNS and FTP passive port range for default AWS Paralle's fire wall settings.

It appears that this instance from Parallels does not include SpamAssassin. How can that be installed? It does not show up as an Managed Application.

Recommendation

Also, if there is a better solution that integrates with the Plesk email services, would not mind hearing about pros and cons of other spam protection.

On my current Plesk system, I still get a fair amount of spam that gets past SpamAssassin.

I have the Parallel's instance running on AWS. Everything is checking out OK so far. Had to resolve, IP issue that blocked DNS and FTP passive port range for default AWS Paralle's fire wall settings.

It appears that this instance from Parallels does not include SpamAssassin. How can that be installed? It does not show up as an Managed Application.

Just run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and select

18. [.] <+> Additional mail services

and then

4. [ ] SpamAssassin support

for installation.

Config

Thank you that did it and I can see it running.

In earlier version of Plesk, I could configure SpamAssassin (thresholds, good/bad emails, etc.) and I cannot find that in Plesk 11.0.9. Where is that done now?

Thank you that did it and I can see it running.

In earlier version of Plesk, I could configure SpamAssassin (thresholds, good/bad emails, etc.) and I cannot find that in Plesk 11.0.9. Where is that done now?

All information in Administration Guide - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-administrator-guide/65690.htm
Or Customer's Guide - http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/PP11/11.0/Doc/en-US/online/plesk-customer-guide/65690.htm

Back