• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWSTATS from the beginning

mr_exclusive

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

Please could someone write step by step how to run awstats on plesk on Suse linux 10.0x64?
I have a clean install of plesk, then i install awstats via Yast and what should i do next?

AWStats is already installed into Plesk 8.1 I thought. You just need to enable it on the domain set-up as the web statistics program to use.

yes i know but they didn't work, i got an error :

statistics: Unable to execute /usr/share/doc/packages/awstats/tools/awstats_buildingstaticpages.pl -awstatsprog=/srv/www/cgi-bin/awstats.pl --configdir=/usr/local/psa/etc/awstats -config=domain.com -dir=/srv/www/vhosts/domain.com/webstat/

when i try to run this from command line i got:

-bash: ./awstats_buildingstaticpages.pl: No such file or directory

Its plesk's version of awstats. They hacked up the paths. That's fine, but it should have been installed as psa_awstats.

What happens is you do a yum update, it grabs the latest awstats and overwrites.

It IS working fine, but the /sbin/statistics is calling up the wrong paths - easily fixed.....

(/etc/psa/psa.conf)

find
# AWStats
AWSTATS_ETC_D /etc/awstats
AWSTATS_BIN_D /var/www/cgi-bin/awstats
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats

change to

AWSTATS_ETC_D /etc/awstats
AWSTATS_BIN_D /usr/share/awstats/wwwroot/cgi-bin
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats/tools

Back