• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWStats HTML pages not being generated after migration

JanS

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

we recently migrated servers (from Plesk 12 to Plesk 12). Since then, AWstats is not generating the static HTML pages anymore. This affects all domains.

Server information:
Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
Plesk 12.0.18 Update #57

Just like in this thread, the text files (awstatsMMYYYY.domain.tld-http.txt) seem to be updated, but the static HTML files in the subfolders "2015-09" (and similar) are not generated. The folders are empty.

Running /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics doesn't give me any error message, but stats are not generated either.

As the server in question is running customer domains, I'd like to refrain from issuing any commands that might destroy statistics data that is not available in log files anymore but has already been put into one of the awstatsMMYYYY.domain.tld-http.txt files.

I'm glad for any input on this!

Ok, this was unexpected: I found the solution myself:

/etc/psa/psa.conf contained the following line:
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/doc/awstats/examples

This is wrong. As soon as I replaced it with this, it started working:
AWSTATS_TOOLS_D /usr/share/awstats/tools

There's two things wrong here:
1) /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics should complain with the wrong tools directory in /etc/psa/psa.conf
2) The wrong tools directory shouldn't be in there in the first place.

Ok, this was unexpected: I found the solution myself:

This fixed the issue for me also. The worrying thing is that JanS posted a solution on this bug in September of this year and I have just installed a fresh install of Plesk 12.5 today which still contains the bug.

I had the very same problem migrating from Plesk 12.5 to 17, from Debian to Ubuntu 16.04. Seems as this issue has not been fixed yet...

Back