1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

awstats & shared hosting?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by energia, Mar 16, 2006.

1. energia

energia Guest

Hi, I have a shared hosting account on a Plesk-Linux control panel (7.5.4). Actually, I only have access to webalizer stats. What I need is:

1) exclude certain directories from statistics (images, frames and so on). My provider told me it cannot be done in a shared hosting environment because logs are shared, too. Is this correct? Is there any suggestions you might give me?
    2) actually, I only have access to webalizer stats; without having access to terminal, can I install-setup awstats ? I read your "awstats for beginners"...

thanks in advance, my provider is very kind and I'd like to give him precise informations about my needs; hope you can help me! :)

Dario