• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AWstats update to latest version

p.miguet

New Pleskian
Hello everyone,

I am a bit lost as I figured out, that the used version on my Ubuntu 8.04 server provided by my hoster is a little outdated. Currently they installed version 6.7 on my server which is from the 7th of July in 2007. There is a version 6.95 that was released in October 2009, and they also offer version 7 (only beta unfortunately) on their website. So I'd really like to update AWstats.

Plesk doesn't offer me to update it. Is there a way to do that manually without destroying the configuration by Plesk 9.5x?

And if this is the case, is there anyone to can tell me how to do so, STEP BY STEP? I am really a newbie in that stuff (Linux AND Plesk ;-) ) and need a guiding hand!

Thanks a lot!

Philippe

Look for an updated awstats for your OS and install it. Its just a standard awstats parallels did not build it, just packaged it along with plesk.

Yeah, I would, unfortunately I don't know how. :)

As I said, I am a Newbie and usually don't use LINUX nor PLESK. So no clue how to update awstats under ubuntu (or any other linux).

I suggest checking out ubuntu forums. Else your unable to keep your system updated with updates and importantly bug fixes and security updates.

If you can't do this then you really need help with your server else it can become completely compromised due to lack of updates and it gets exploited.

That is why places that sell server packages offer 'managed' or 'unmanaged' and as to why its so expensive for a managed server.

If you can't even update the server from the distribution channels, then you really are out of your depth and should be using a managed package. Also you run ubuntu that is debian based, my servers all are rpm based, so me simply telling you to run 'yum update' won't work.

I suggested the forums for your OS as that is a great place to start.

The forums here expect you have some basic knowledge and can at least update your system.

Back