• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Azure CloudLinux & Plesk | Key Install Issue

PeaceMaker

New Pleskian
Azure VM's are obviously a virtual environment. However Plesk thinks it's a "Dedicated" environment...why?

How can I solve this? The virtual trial key worked fine until I purchased it...lol..

How I setup Plesk

Make Azure VM with CentOS
Converted CentOS to CloudLinux
Installed Plesk with trial key -> Everything working fine -> Happy customer -> Buys Plesk Key

Plesk now thinks environment is dedicated when it is a virtual environment....

First of all, you need to check what type of virtualization you use on Azure. It may be KVM or Hyper-V or something else. After that you need to check that this virtualization type is supported by Plesk - http://docs.plesk.com/release-notes/12.5/software-requirements/#sv
And then buy corresponding Plesk license key.

Hey IgorG, Microsoft Azure VM's run on HyperV, (which is supported). This can be proven by running any linux vm on Azure and using the linux "virt-what" utility which prints out the type of virtualization, that is being used (or blank if running on dedicated server). When ran in my setup, "hyperV" is returned.

Going through the plesk instructions on getting what environment plesk shows "dedicated" instead of "hyperV"

Lets detect the environment it runs in with following steps.

1. Create file info.php with following content:

Code:
<?php
require_once('api-common/cu.php');

cu::initCLI();
$cu = new cu();
try {
    $si = var_export(getServerInfo(), true);
    cu::print_stdout($si);

} catch(Exception $e) {
cu::print_stderr("Error: " . $e->getMessage());
cu::cuExit(1);
}

cu::cuExit(0);

2. Execute it with

# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun info.php > result.txt

3. Open the file and find the string similar to this:

'platform' => 'virtuozzo'

This is result of Plesk detection. dedicated or none stands for physical hardware.

Lets detect the environment it runs in with following steps.

1. Create file info.php with following content:

Code:
<?php
require_once('api-common/cu.php');

cu::initCLI();
$cu = new cu();
try {
    $si = var_export(getServerInfo(), true);
    cu::print_stdout($si);

} catch(Exception $e) {
cu::print_stderr("Error: " . $e->getMessage());
cu::cuExit(1);
}

cu::cuExit(0);

2. Execute it with

3. Open the file and find the string similar to this:

This is result of Plesk detection. dedicated or none stands for physical hardware.

Yeah. I went through those steps and got "dedicated" as well. Are you saying that, even though I'm running on A virtual machine using Hyper-V(which is a supported platform) i've got no other choice but too buy a dedicated key because plesk cannot detect my environment correctly?

Back