• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved Azure DNS - ServiceController.php:82

SimonB

New Pleskian
I'm trying to activate the Azure DNS Zone using the Microsoft Azure DNS extension but when I click Activate it errors saying:

ERROR: TypeError: Cannot access offset of type string on string (ServiceController.php:82)

I am running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.61 Update #5 on a Windows 2019 Server

Has anyone see this before or know how to fix this issue?

I have tried updating the credential in the Azure Authorization section and deactivatings the zone first, but nither of them worked.

@SimonB that doesn't sound good. To get a better understanding of the issue could you perhaps clarify to following: When exactly are you getting this error? After installing the extension and clicking the Authorize button? Or after authorizing, selecting a domain and clicking the activate button?

I get it what I click the "Activate" button below, I tick the checkbox for the domain, then click activate.

The Azure authorisation worked OK, and if I go to DNS Managment and click "Sync All Zones" I get the message "Information: The following DNS zone was created: xxxxx.com" so I asume the authorisation is working ok.

1719225427531.png

Thank you for clarifying. One last question so I can submit this as bug internally. Which Microsoft Azure DNS extension are you using on your server?

It's the "Microsoft Azure DNS" version; 1.1.2-42 / vendor Plesk

I am not sure if this helps but the PHP version enabled are

PHP handlers
8.3.8 FastCGI application
8.1.29 FastCGI application

I just tried the Diagnose & Repair tool to see if that sorted it, but it didn't

Thank you. I've submitted the issue for analysis to our engineers. Unfortunately there seems to be no workaround for this issue currently.

Thanks for your help, if the Devs want any more info or would like me to try anthing please let me know.

@SimonB it look like this issue needs further investigation by our engineers. Any chance you can open a support ticket so engineers can investigate the issue directly on your server? You can mention case PPS-16229 in the ticket as a reference to the issue.

Just a follow up on this, the Plesk engineers got me sorted. I turned out I had forgotten to assign a role to the plesk application in Azure Entra ID (AD).
Once i fixed that it worked as expected.

Feel free to mark this as Resolved, thanks to everyone for the qick help :)

Back