• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Bug with secondary DNS Server since Obsidian Version 18.0.54

Monviech

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have multiple Plesk Servers that all run:

Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.54
OS
Ubuntu 22.04.2 LTS

And I use a few of them as secondary DNS Server.
Since Update to 18.0.54 when I add a new Domain and then change the DNS Zone to Secondary, and then add a Primary DNS Server IP, it fails and produces this error:

ERROR: TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct(): Argument #3 ($value) must be of type string, null given, called in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Form/Final/DnsZone/Record/Section/Master.php on line 45 (Data.php:8)

I have tested it on multiple servers and its reproducable on all of them. Is there any workaround?

Hi @Monviech, thank you for posting. Could you please fill in this form so that your question can be forwarded as a report to developers?

PRODUCT/VERSION, OS/ARCHITECTURE

OS version, architecture:
Product version (including MU):

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

[Please enumerate the steps to reproduce in proper formatting, e.g. 1: 2: 3:]

please be as precise as possible!

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Provide clear expectations!! what do you expect? answer for how-to? bug to be filed?

SUPPORT ACTIONS OF INVESTIGATION / RESOLVING

LOGS AND ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Hi @Monviech, thank you for posting. Could you please fill in this form so that your question can be forwarded as a report to developers?

OS version, architecture:
Product version (including MU):

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

[Please enumerate the steps to reproduce in proper formatting, e.g. 1: 2: 3:]

please be as precise as possible!

ACTUAL RESULT

EXPECTED RESULT

Provide clear expectations!! what do you expect? answer for how-to? bug to be filed?

OS version, architecture: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Product version (including MU): Plesk Obsidian v18.0.54_build1800230728.15

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

In "Websites & Domains" - "Hosting & DNS" - "DNS" of a Domain "example.com", when "Switch to Secondary" is activated, I'm unable to add IPv4 or IPv6 addresses of the primary nameserver.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1: Goto "Websites & Domains" and select "New Domain". Create a "Blank website".
2: Registered domain name: "example.com", Webspace: "Create a new webspace", IPv4 address: "123.123.123.124 (shared)", IPv6 address: "2002:7b7b:7b7b::2 (shared)" - Press "Add Domain"
3: Open "Websites & Domains" - Example.com - "Hosting & DNS" - "DNS" - Press "Switch to Secondary"
4: Press "Add Record" and add either an IPv4 or an IPv6 address (For example, 2002:7b7b:7b7b::1 or 123.123.123.123)

ACTUAL RESULT

The IPv4 and/or IPv6 address of the secondary nameserver is not added and there is an error.

EXPECTED RESULT

The IPv4 and/or IPv6 address of the secondary nameserver is added and then shown in the GUI afterwards.

Please file a bug.

I have reproduced this bug on 3 different plesk servers with the same Plesk Version v18.0.54 and on different OS (Ubuntu 22.04 and 20.04) on different hosts.

ERROR: TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct(): Argument #3 ($value) must be of type string, null given, called in /opt/psa/admin/plib/Smb/Form/Final/DnsZone/Record/Section/Master.php on line 45 (Data.php:8)

Thank you @Monviech. Now I got it. It is actually a known bug PPP-62143 that has already been fixed. The fix will become available soon in Update 18.0.54 #3.

I am getting the same error on a new install, I have tried Ubuntu and Almalinux, can not add master IP to slave.

The slave or secondary server option is (as far as I know) unique to Plesk and one of the main reasons I use it, I hope you get this issue resolved ASAP.

hello, when plesk release this update??, for my procedures i use this feature, and now when anyone register e new domain, i must setup all manually.

hello, the update has be distribuited, thk u very much,

Code:
plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.3
     OS version: CentOS 7.9.2009 x86_64
     Build date: 2023/08/07 10:00
     Revision: 834e427a288420a9d89019e1b6344e0f6ae2a6de

Adding a primary DNS server for a domain no longer fails with the “TypeError: Plesk\Smb\Form\Final\DnsZone\Record\Data::__construct()” error. (PPPM-14091)

The update may be available for Centos7 as above but it is not yet available fror Centos8.

Plesk listupgrade
There are no available upgrades

plesk version
Product version: Plesk Obsidian 18.0.54.2
OS version: AlmaLinux 8.8 x86_64
Build date: 2023/07/28 15:00
Revision: 7addc2cf386263ca7765584cff8c160141fcfd84

Back