• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backing up to personal ftp repository and server repository simultaneously

D

Dale Warren

Hi there,

I have a bit of a problem at the moment with Plesk backups. When I use the personal FTP for my backups they are being saved on an FTP server that is only accessible by the web server itself for security reasons.

When the server backs up to the server repository, Plesk is able to give me backups for individual domains, however when the backup is saved to the external FTP I don't get that functionality.

What I want to do is backup to both at the same time, so that I get the full server backups saved elsewhere but also if I need to restore individual domains I can do so without having to download and extract from the full server backup.

I understand this might not be possible using the Plesk interface alone but I just wondered if anyone has achieved this, possibly by writing a script that (after plesk has completed a backup to the server's repository), ftp's a copy to the personal FTP repo.

Does anybody have any tips or advice?

Thanks,
Dale

Back