• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input Backport Fail2Ban IPv6 Support to Plesk Onyx 17.x

learning_curve

Silver Pleskian
Currently, Fail2Ban with IPv4 and IPv6 is and will only be provided when using Plesk Onyx 17.9.*

There's lots of form posts already on this subject, but if you use Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 and/or Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 then please vote for this functionality to be backported to these releases TODAY. Go here: Backport Fail2Ban IPv6 Support to Plesk Onyx 17.x

The current Plesk Page regarding is here: Fail2Ban warning: Address family for hostname not supported

If you don't vote, then don't complain about lots of IPv6 attacks and no having no Plesk integrated way to stop them! ;)

Vote added, thanks for pointing to that, I didn't know that IPv6 isn't protected by F2B.
I'm considering using Plesk 17.9 on production for many things including this feature.

I voted too, and I can only say that we had to disable IPv6 support on several systems because attackers are more frequently using IPv6 as a source IPs now than ever before.

Great to to see that this is being supported quite quickly and a little forum 'bump', for those who may not have had chance to read it yet. Please vote today! :cool:

#Bump
Voting is going well, but we still need more.
If you haven't voted yet o_O well, there's no time like the present :D so go HERE and vote now

*Bump* :cool:

Plenty of votes and some great comments on HERE now. If you've still not voted, then....

Many people may baulk at having to vote AGAIN as is clearly outlined in one comments. Plesk are you listening? ;)

Meanwhile.... still nothing in terms of a useful reply from Plesk :rolleyes: No comments, no updates, not even a related clue as to when 17.9 might change from "Preview" status to "Early Adopter Release" so that any Plesk users who are happy to take the risks associated with an "Early Adopter Release" don't have to wait even longer for this & several other things, all which are well overdue and should have already been backported to 17.8.11 a long time ago...

Last edited:
Back