• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup and Restore failed to backup site Access Denied Wordpress

BobK

New Pleskian
Running Windows Plesk Obsidian 18.0.41. When a user from one of the subscribed domains with a WordPress site goes to BACK UP / RESTORE and attempts to run a backup it goes for a while then fails with Access Denied. Happening for multiple users / sites. They can run a full backup of the account in plesk, but not the WordPress backup. They have full backup permissions, although I believe that's just for them to run a full site backup but cant figure out why they cant run the WordPress backup or what access permission is causing the issue. Any ideas? Thanks!

mspaint_MZxC3j9OzT.png

chrome_SUCSKhKj1K.png

Attachments

• mspaint_MZxC3j9OzT.png
    mspaint_MZxC3j9OzT.png
    24.9 KB · Views: 4
Try to repair permissions for subscription with:

plesk repair --repair-webspace-security -all-filesystem-objects -webspace-name example.com

Contact Plesk Support Team if not help. Investigation directly on your server may required.

I have not tried the repair yet, but this happens on all subscriptions/domains. Seems like its a setting as its server wide. I have probably a dozen people using WordPress sites out of about 60 subscriptions.

Do you have any third-party antivirus software installed on this server?

There is the Plesk extension for Sucuri Security Scanner & VirusTotal Website Check.
The Windows server itself is running BitDefender.
I disabled Sucuri for one of the domains and still didnt work.

I meant not Plesk antivirus extensions, but Window antivirus software. Try to disable it.

Its put on by the data center that the Plesk VM is hosted at, not something i can just disable. I will have to check with them if they can do that. The plesk backups work fine for both backup and restoring, its just the WP backup that gives "access denied" when backing up just the WP files in the domain so i dont think that would be the cause but worth a try.

Back