• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

backup bug

S

skolar

I had enabled scheduled backups with plesk 7.5.2 reloaded for one of my domains. However, whenever the backup ran, it disabled the domain and would not restart it. I spoke with my host and they said this was an on-going bug not yet fixed in plesk.

Is this true? I would greatly like some help with this.

Thanks in advance.

From what I have seen and read, most of the backup failures end up being due to 'out of the ordinary' things happening, such as running out of disk space (one example). Unfortunately what happens is that the backup script ends up not re-activating the domain. They have just released 7.5.4 and I have not checked it yet, so don't know if they released any new version of Backup Utilities.

There are ways to force the backup to run without disabling the domain, but I don't recommend that (what good is a backup set done when the data could be changing in real time?) There are other posts regarding these types of command line options.

Of course, an alternative would be to use some other backup utilities such as 4PSA's Total Domains, or the Acronis Server Backup for Linux, but they are not 'free'.

4PSA Total Domains is usefull also, but for backup it's 4PSA Total Backup :)

Thanks Hardweb, Total Backup is what I meant :) It's hell getting old and senile!

Back