• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Download fails

Christian Derksen

New Pleskian
Hi there!

After creating a backup on my machine (Centos 6.7 / Plesk 12.5.30 Update #8), I tried to download it as file. As usual it took some time first - then the following error occurs:

[25820]: 2015-11-02 11:23:18.519 ERROR 67e87dba-26f6-449d-8593-a24ea2945590 Can't export file 'backup_info_1511021104.xml' to /tmp/dumpvqQ9UO.tar.
Error code: 1. Repository error: Unable to save data to an archive. Check whether the target directory is accessible for writing. For more information, see the log file (./migration.log)

[25820]: 2015-11-02 11:23:18.569 ERROR 65d8b72a-57b9-4b3a-890d-420735d734c1 The export have been made successfully but can not be exported because of errors above.
Runtime error: Export dump failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1182.

[25820]: 2015-11-02 11:23:18.654 ERROR aeb55bdd-e818-49b0-86d0-cee8aa57a49e Runtime error: Export dump failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1182.
:
at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Logging.pm line 108
Logging::error('Runtime error: Export dump failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin...', 'fatal') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1345
main::__ANON__('Error::Simple=HASH(0x2a8f400)', 'SCALAR(0x17de5d8)') called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 330
eval {...} called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 321
Error::subs::run_clauses('HASH(0x2a88190)', 'Export dump failed at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_ma...', undef, 'ARRAY(0x17debc0)') called at /usr/local/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Error.pm line 417
Error::subs::try('CODE(0x2a87e60)', 'HASH(0x2a88190)') called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1347
main::main() called at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1351

Use of uninitialized value $sessionPath in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 1310, <VERSION> line 2.

As mentioned in the error message, the *.tar file was creates and could be found in the /tmp directory, but the final *.xml file couldn't be created. The migration log doesn't tells much - just that the tar creation was finalized with an error code 0.

Does anyone have an idea?

Best wishes,
Christian

Hi Christian Derksen,

did you probably define a backup location with an ending slash? Please post the output of

grep DUMP_D /etc/psa/psa.conf

... and correct the path, if it ends with a slash to

Code:
DUMP_D /backup_folder

Please make as well sure to have the latest patches installed correctly:

/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Hi,

thank you for the answer.

The output of the above grep command is:
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps

Actually, I never had a look inside the psa.conf, so I would be surprised if an ending slash would occur.

Regarding the micro updates:
- I executed the above command and the installer updated Plesk to Update #9 now
- I retried to download the file by using Windows Explorer: After preparing the *.tar - file (/tmp), the
panel switched to the Start Screen without any error message but also without providing the needed
backup file.
- I retried that twice and after the third trial the same error message (see initial post) returned.
- Alternatively, I tried the same with a different browser (Firefox), but that - of course - changed nothing.

Do you have some further suggestions?

Best wishes,
Christian

Hi there,

nothing happened, no suggestion? - In the meanwhile I'm using micro update #10, but still
there is no download. Trying the download the second time, the same message
occurs as in the first post ... :(

I would be grateful for some help!

Best,
Christian

Back