• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue Backup downloading is very slow

iGraphics

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.10
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.63 Update #3, last updated on Aug 27, 2024 03:46 AM
Hello Everyone,
I'm using
Plesk Obsidian
Version 18.0.63 Update #3, last updated on Aug 27, 2024 03:46 AM

and when I download the Backup file the speed is very slow! Although the server is very fast and downloading files from direct links is very fast.

Why?

Could you please confirm if you are referring to system backup copies or backups generated by a third-party service? In the first-case scenario, is the backup service configured to store backup copies locally or on a remote storage? Additionally, can you confirm how exactly are you downloading the files, i.e. directly through the Plesk panel, via FTP, etc.?

Could you please confirm if you are referring to system backup copies or backups generated by a third-party service? In the first-case scenario, is the backup service configured to store backup copies locally or on a remote storage? Additionally, can you confirm how exactly are you downloading the files, i.e. directly through the Plesk panel, via FTP, etc.?
Thank you for reply;
I'm using the System Backup Tools & Resources ==> backup Manager
I don't use any third-party services for the Backups.
Yes, The Backup stored locally

Screenshot 2024-08-30 174638.png

I downloading the File directly through the Plesk panel

Thank you for the confirmation. Plesk itself doesn't imply any limits on the download speed and all components should use the whole available speed that is configured for the network on the server. It is quite strange that you are experiencing the slowness while downloading backups only. My personal guess will be a possible overload. What I can recommend is to consider using the iperf utility to examine the server bandwidth. If everything seems in order, you can open a ticket to our support for further investigation.
To sign-in to support and open a ticket go to:
https://support.plesk.com
If you got your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative to get support directly from Plesk:
https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388090147095-How-to-get-support-directly-from-Plesk

Back