• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Error Emails

T

tnats@

Anyone ever get these emails? They are coming to me every 15min. Something wrong with the backup I guess. I don't have any backups scheduled...

Domain: mydomain.com
Plesk entry point: https://plesk.mydomain.com:8443/

Following error is occured during scheduled backup process:

Internal error during backup: agent returned following errors:
17:00:06 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db psa, user admin, host localhost
17:00:06 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
17:00:06 INFO MIME storage initialized.
17:00:06 INFO Destination file: /var/lib/psa/dumps/2/8/mydomain.com_2006.11.15_10-00-02
17:00:06 INFO Gzip: yes
17:00:06 INFO Backup split size: 2147483647
17:00:06 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
17:00:07 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db faq, user admin, host localhost
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/2006-11-15-10.00.02.444333/PleskX.pl line 2209.
Undefined value of attribute 'type' at agent.include.pl line 729.

I'm still getting this error on certain domain backups. Any one have an idea?

04:16:36 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db psa, user admin, host localhost
04:16:36 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
04:16:36 INFO MIME storage initialized.
04:16:36 INFO Destination file: /var/lib/psa/dumps/2/8/rrdc_2007.01.29_21.16
04:16:36 INFO Gzip: yes
04:16:36 INFO Backup split size: 2147483647
04:16:36 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
04:16:37 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db faq, user admin, host localhost
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/2007-01-29-21.16.32.829399/PleskX.pl line 2216.

Here is the agent.include.pl:
=====================================
sub makeXmlNode {
my ($this,$parent,%attributes,@content);
my ($name,$plain)=@_;

$plain = toUtf8(encodeHtml($plain));

unless($name||$plain){
return undef;
}
$this = {
'ATTRIBUTE' => sub {
my $key = shift;
if(@_){
my $value=shift;
line 729 die "Undefined value of attribute '$key'" unless defined($value);
===========================

/var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/2007-01-29-21.04.40.693412/PleskX.pl
===========================
# Remote databases hosting was introduced in 8.0.0
if (PleskVersion::atLeast(8, 0, 0)) {
my $sql = "SELECT host,port,ds.type FROM DatabaseServers as ds, data_bases as db WHERE "
. "ds.id = db.db_server_id AND db.id = $dbId";
$wrapDbh->{'EXECUTE'}->($sql);

$ptrRow = $wrapDbh->{'FETCHROW'}->();

line 2216 $dbServerHost = ($ptrRow->[0] ne 'localhost') ? $ptrRow->[0] : 'localhost';
==============================

did you ever find a solution for this?
I'm having the same problem. It's causing PMM to crash as well as backup utilities. I miss psadump...

Nope, it even got worse. When I click on backup for a domain, I get this now:

Unable get daemon current status: Unable to create UNIX socket /opt/psa/tmp/agent-runner.28103: Connection refused

I just don't get how plesk could leave backup as a secondary problem for so long. If I find a fix, I'll let you know. I can't even use the utility from the command line right now. It kind of makes migrating tough. Maybe that was part of their plan?

Well, to be honest, I installed the Total Backup product from 4psa.com and ever since then, my Plesk backups do not work.

funny you should mention that, I was thinking that my 4psa stuff was causing the problems. My backups are hanging at the domains running apps from integrator? BASTARDS!

"I think we've been Jammed!"
Dark Helmet

Using an older thread on this board, I switched to ftp backup, it failed, then I switched back to local repository backup and get this now:

=====================
21:06:52 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db xxx, user admin, host localhost
21:06:52 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
21:06:52 INFO MIME storage initialized.
21:06:52 INFO Destination file: /var/lib/psa/dumps/2/8/redrocksdatacenter.com_2007.03.04_14.06
21:06:52 INFO Gzip: yes
21:06:52 INFO Backup split size: 2147483647
21:06:52 INFO ------------------------------------------------------------
21:06:53 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db xxxx, user admin, host localhost
21:06:53 INFO New connection: mysql DBI connection. db xxxx, user admin, host localhost
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at /var/lib/psa/dumps/tmp/2007-03-04-14.06.48.427082/PleskX.pl line 2216.
==============

My solution came from looking in the PSA DB. After upgrading from 8.0 to 8.01, my server was entering the wrong value for db_server_id in the data_bases table. This was causing the invalid 'type' error for me. The server was looking for things in a db that didn't exist. MySql had the correct info, but plesk didn't. It might be worth looking at.

Good luck

I use navicat for database manipulation, but you can use anything that will get the job done. If you aren't a sql command line guru, and I'm not, it helps. You can still find mysql command center out there. I'm sure that will work too. I just edited the value to what it was supposed to be, in my case 1 instead of 0, saved the db, and it was fixed. Restarting plesk didn't break the fix, neither did rebooting. I guess it's one of those things plesk doesn't autobreak.

The problem stems from plesks new ability to use an outside sql server, which seems to be why the problem isn't widespread yet. As far as why it does it, we'll just have to see what plesk says.

turns out, the problem occured on another one of my servers when a client created a new db on their acct. My fix is a bandaid. If you need to run a backup to get off the server, it will work. I'll look for the root cause, and let you know. I've succesfully moved off that server, so I can use it for a little r&d. I'll keep you posted.

Back