• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup error to SFTP server

WagnerS

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have 2 plesk servers, 1 linux and 1 windows.

On linux everything were ok configuring Personal FTP Repository Settings and backup are working perfectly.

On windows plesk I'm receiving the following error registering my ftp repository:
"Error: FTP connection failed, please check your FTP settings.
Repository error: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: FTP: couldn't retrieve (RETR failed) the specified file"

Note that the configuration on both plesks are the same, connecting to same server with same credentials only "directory for backup" is different and exists and permissions are ok.

On my ftp server I got on proftpd.log:
Oct 19 14:09:03 cl-437 proftpd[19746] myftpserver.com (mypleskserver.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]): FTP session opened.
Oct 19 14:09:04 cl-437 proftpd[19746] myftpserver.com (mypleskserver.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]): Preparing to chroot to directory '/home/offsitebck'
Oct 19 14:09:04 cl-437 proftpd[19746] myftpserver.com (mypleskserver.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]): USER offsitebck: Login successful.
Oct 19 14:10:07 cl-437 proftpd[19746] myftpserver.com (mypleskserver.com[xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]): FTP session closed.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Wagner Sartori Junior

Found a bug and the problem:
1) If SFTP is selected, it try to use port 22(SSH) and the correct is port 21. On plesk linux it uses port 21. Workaround is to add :21 after hostname or IP on "FTP server hostname or IP"
2) When the firewall of windows server is enabled, it drops remote port 20(that is used for active ftp connections). You have to add a firewall rule on inbound allowing remote port tcp 20.

Working perfectly on windows 2008 r2 with proftpd ftp server on linux server.

Back