• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup error

Thomas Wilhelmi

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

I'm running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.35 Update #2 on a Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS. Since I upgraded Plesk from update #1 to #2 I get errors during the backup while transfering the data to a FTP-Storage. The message tells me that User-Password combination is wrong. So I checked this, entered all again and I can list the directory. I went to another panel in Plesk and want to go back to the Backup-Manager and now I again got the message that he couldn't list the directora because the User/Password-combination is invalid. I tried again to get in the panel and now it worked without any changes. I than tried to call the listing several times and in appr. half the tries I got the error, the other halfs it worked.

Why and how to make it work every time. Especially the backup itself would be nice to be working every night.

Best regards

hello @Thomas Wilhelmi,
is your remote FTP storage used by only this plesk as remote storage backup or you have configured the same dir for several Plesk instances/accounts ?

are you talking about FTP storage (that is available without any extensions), or about SFTP ?

did I understand you correctly, that your scheduled daily backup failed to upload files to the remote FTP storage time to time ?

and the last but not least question for now,
did you try to login to this ftp storage from your laptop/PC to check that there are no problems on FTP storage side ?

could you please check at the your Plesk server
Code:
curl -v --ftp-pasv -u <FTP_USER> 'ftp://<YOUR_FTP_SERVER>/<YOUR_FLDR>/'
will the command like above work if you execute it several times (be ready to provide correct password for your FTP remote storage user) at your Plesk server ?

Hello @Nik G,

yes, the remote FTP storage is only used by this PLESK-Server and it is normal FTP, not SFTP.

Yes, you understood correctly.

I tried to connect from the server successfully. The FTP-Storage is not available thrthe internet, only from the server. But this was okay.

And I tried to execute the CURL. But only twice. And you're correct. I also get the issue with this command from time to time when I execute it in row.

So I consider it an issue with the connection, not wirh Plesk.

Thx a lot

Back