• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backup Errors since upgrade to Version 17.5.3

Andrew_Newth

Basic Pleskian
I have backups on each domain set to run nightly on a 7 day incremental backup with one full back up per week. They are stored on an FTP drive. Since upgrading to Version 17.5.3 I have been getting errors on all domains as per below. It also seems this is causing some backups to be stored on both the FTP drive and in the domains folder on the servers C drive at the same time which is causing issues with space. For example on the 24/06 there is a full backup of a domain stored in both the FTP repository and the Plesk domains folder. This all started after the update. Having searched the forums I believe others may be having the same or similar issues so I suspect there is something not right since the upgrade was done.

Here are the typical error log entries:

Warning: domain "zzzzzzzzz.co.nz"
[7ffdaa92-171a-4fdf-8972-408b39e15872]: Unable to get attributes of the file C:\Inetpub\vhosts\zzzzzzzzz.co.nz\httpdocs\DesktopModules\ToSIC_SexyContent\Upgrade\Log\2017-06-01 15-40-43-0510282-10384.log.resources: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file will not be archived. [:109375028]

[1e75430e-230f-4476-b919-c5da8c3b0e33]: Unable to get attributes of the file C:\Inetpub\vhosts\zzzzzzzzz.co.nz\logs\iis\W3SVC32\u_extend163.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. The file will not be archived. [:0]

Cannot dump domain hosting content [The process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\PrivateTemp\tmp64275.tmp' because it is being used by another process.]

Any guidance on resolving this would be greatly appreciated or input from any others having the same problem since the last upgrade before I contact support.

Many thanks!

Do you have enabled any third-party antivirus software on this server?

First of all, it is just warnings but not errors. Warnings about locking these log files by another process, like IIS or something else. It is normal for correct Web Server operation. Therefore we have special option "Exclude log files" for excluding standard IIS log files like C:\Inetpub\vhosts\zzzzzzzzz.co.nz\logs\iis\W3SVC32\u_extend163.log from backup and "Exclude specific files from the backup" option where you can specify non-standard logs or something else, for example, application log C:\Inetpub\vhosts\zzzzzzzzz.co.nz\httpdocs\DesktopModules\ToSIC_SexyContent\Upgrade\Log\2017-06-01 15-40-43-0510282-10384.log.resources

If you do not want to store backups on local drive when upload to FTP server fails - uncheck option "Save backups in the server storage if the upload to FTP fails" in Tools&Settings->Backup Settings

Igor thanks for the reply, I have opened a support case for this issue as I've been unable to resolve it myself. I have unchecked "Save backups in the server storage if the upload to FTP fails" but it still is dumping files to both the FTP storage and the server storage at the same time. I will report back any useful findings for others.

Back