1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup files too small

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Lightning Blue, May 29, 2007.

1. Lightning Blue

Lightning Blue Guest

Operating system Linux 2.6.16.27-061216a
    Plesk version psa v8.1.1_build81070423.15 os_FedoraCore 4

I am new to plesk and having an issue with the backup feature. I've spent an hour searching these forums with no luck so I'll post and see if anyone has run into this before.

I have three clients, using 2 gigs, 700 megs, and 4 gigs.

If I backup the entire server using the pleskbackup command, the resulting file is 64 megs, if I backup the 2 gig client using the plesk backup option in the client's panel, the resulting file is 46 megs.

I'm quite sure it's not getting everything, as the 2 gig client is almost entirely jpegs and zip files which are compressed already!

What am I missing here? I'm guessing it's a permission issue but I have no idea what that'd entail.