• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Backup folders on FTP storage

Andrea Bampi

New Pleskian
On older Plesk versions, it was common sense to use the same remote ftp folder to store all domain backups: the system named the files automatically and it was even possible to add custom prefixes.
I just realized that in Onyx this behaviour was changed - I can't see backup filenames anymore, so if I use the same folder to backup different domains, I see all the backups but just dates and no filenames.
Am I supposed to create different folders for each domain?

I think it would be a good idea to not to mix different backup sets in the same backup directory. In your case it will be better to have different subdirectories for different server backups, so that all backup files of one server are collected in the same directory while backup files of another server are collected in a different directory.

Maybe I wasn't clear - I don't want to mix different servers, just different domains. On a single server I have 30 active domains, but with the new system, to avoid confusion between different backups, it seems to be mandatory to create a different directory for each domain (better said, subscription) - or am I missing something?

Just to add some details. I made several tests and I confirm the "issue": if I use the same folder on the same ftp server for more than one subscription, when checking Backup Manager I see all the backup files mixed together - this happened on older Plesk versions too, but the BIG difference is that on Onyx (tested on 17.5.3 and 17.8.11) filenames are hidden (on Plesk 12.x the Backup Manager shows an additional column (NAME). On Onyx, the column was replaced by the COMMENTS column, but comments are available only for manual (one-time) backups, not for scheduled, so there's no way to distinguish between different subscriptions, unless you click on the backup file and check the database name (if included in the backup). :-(

Back