1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Backup!!! Help please?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by StuartDrennan, Oct 29, 2009.

1. StuartDrennan

StuartDrennan Guest

Hi All

I had an issue yesterday where I click the wrong button on an application and has need to restore the backup from the night before.... I wouldn't work, problem with FTPing the file back from my local server. Luckily my host has Virtuiozzo backups configure and I was able to restore from that over a quite a long period, 1 week then incrementals (took about 4 hours).

I have now changed the Plesk backup to write to the server for its backups, so at lease I can restore if necessary. My only concern is testing this. Is there any way I can restore a backup to another server that I havne't got plesk installed on? I knows its a strange question, but is it possible to setup and plesk server on a virtual machine (install locally) and restore a backup to test it?

On a side note, does the Plesk backup also backup at MySQL databases?

Any thoughts would be much apprecited!!!!

Thanks

Stuart