• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Manager AGAIN!

Byron R

New Pleskian
Hi guys, you might remember me reporting an issue with my backup manager a couple of weeks ago. Well the problem was resolved with the release of Plesk 10.3.1, but now I am facing a completely new problem.

There are a number of new problems which have arisen with the backup system, the problem I am experiencing now is with the Temp partition of my server.

So this is the story...

My server is hosted on a 250GB HDD space, with an off server HDD of 250GB which is used for Backups and such. The off server HDD is only accessible by the backup manager via an FTP connection. Plesk creates the system backup and then proceeds to transfer it to the FTP HDD.In this process the Backup system uses the memory stored in the TEMP partition to transfer this file.

I have noticed that since the backup size has increased higher than that of the size of the TEMP partition, that backups have been failing or going corrupt. Also backups which are stored on the FTP space cannot be deleted in BULK. When I attempt to delete up to 5+ backups the system reports a "dump file does not exist" I am assuming this is due to the lack of memory available in the TEMP partition.

I spoke to someone at my host and they said that it would require editing of Linux to re-calculate the size of the TEMP partition in Memory (RAM).

I was wondering would someone be able to help to work a work around for this, as it is essential that my server gets backed up on a regular daily basis, and having an "unreliable" backup system is not good.

Regards
Byron R

So is this new directory going to be the temp store for the backup while it transfers. Also how do I make a separate partition for the TEMP file on the HDD.

Back