• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Backup Manager default actions ???

AndreasY

Basic Pleskian
Hi, something im unsure of and have not managed to clear this issue up via the Plesk help documentation.

Can someone tell me if this is whats meant to happen.

If we go to a subscription and then to Backup Manager and press the 'Backup Up' button on the top left, we get a dialogue box that has various settings, but no setting that is related to scheduling a backup.

Now, as there is another button that says, 'Schedule' (to the right of the 'Backup Up' button) I interpret this to mean that the 'Backup Up' button is used for a one time backup with NO scheduling.

And if one wished to schedule a backup for the subscription they would use the 'Schedule' button to achieve this.

Now onto what I am seeing,

If I use the 'Backup Up' button to create a backup, it is also automatically activating a schedule backup

Is this what its meant to do ????

Thanks

Hi, @AndreasY .
Yes, 'Back up' button open form for onetime manually created backup, when 'Schedule' button open form with setting of backup's scheduling.
But why you think that 'Back Up' button activates scheduling? Do you see that 'Activate this backup task' option enabled at 'Schedule' page or you have unexpectedly created backups?

Hi, @AndreasYBut why you think that 'Back Up' button activates scheduling? Do you see that 'Activate this backup task' option enabled at 'Schedule' page or you have unexpectedly created backups?
Hi, I dont think that 'Back Up' button activates scheduling.

Thats the exact reason for my post, because that is what it seems to be doing!

Hence the reason I wanted someone from Plesk to confirm what the default actions should be as I couldnt find this documented anywhere.

Anyhow, as I didnt receive a post from a Plesk representative in a timely manner I am doing further troubleshooting.

Thanks for the confirmation for the default actions.........

Back