• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Backup Manager loading extremely slowly in Plesk 12.5

Will-NYESDigital

Regular Pleskian
We updated our servers from Plesk 12 to 12.5 yesterday and are able to access the backup manager, however it's loading extremely slowly (it takes 3-4 minutes to load). Deleting backups is also a very slow process.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Last edited:
Maybe it is related to slow network connection to your backup FTP repository?

Hi Igor,
We use 1and1 internal FTP backup system whcih is incredibly fast and we have never seen an issue like this before. We have upgraded 5 servers 4 of them are running very slow after the upgrade yesterday. The 5th whcih was upgraded to 12.5 very ealry is not experiencing this issue but connects to the same FTP server. We are not getting any error messages so proving difficult to troubleshoot.

We have been using this for many years without issue and this has only arisen in the last 2 days after upgrade.

We have upgraded 5 servers 4 of them are running very slow after the upgrade yesterday. The 5th whcih was upgraded to 12.5 very ealry is not experiencing this issue

i have exatcly the same problem with apache performance. One Server was upgraded to 12.5 one/two weeks before the apacheperformance is the same as before upgrade. but all servers which was upgraded later (2 / days ago) have slower apacheperformance (see thread http://talk.plesk.com/threads/difference-between-12-01-12-5-apacheperformance.335494/ )

what was changed in the upgrade in the last weeks ?

As with moswak above it's also becoming apparent for us that this is not exclusively a problem with loading backups slowly. Loading back-end folder structures in httpdocs is also incredibly slow after the upgrade.

I had the issue, that the Backup Manager took several minutes to load.
In my case it was caused by a not accessible FTP storage (my DDNS service didn't work anymore).
After fixing the FTP storage issue everything went smooth again.

Back