• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup Manager Upload not working

oddsideales

New Pleskian
Using Plesk Onyx with Centos 6.9

I have tried repeatedly to upload a backup that I downloaded from Plesk Onyx. I select the file and it starts uploading. It is a 1.6 gb file so it takes forever. Once it reaches 100%...the login screen appears. I log back in and no backup file to be found. No errors. Nothing.

The file is too large.

Workaround:

1) Tools & Settings > Backup-Manager > Settings
Check the box "Allow setting up FTP backup storage on the local server" and confirm by clicking the "OK" button.

2) Create an subscription on the server. It does not need to have a working domain name.

3) Upload your backup file by FTP into that subscription.

4) Now use this "FTP backup location" as the "external" FTP location of the backup system.

A subcription is a customer account. Call it whatever you like. You don't even really need a subscription. Any FTP storage space on the server will do, too.

This is the error I received: Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

I am really new to this so I apologize if I am missing it. I created a user account and another ftp account. Are you suggesting another webspace?

i am getting this error how can i fix this

Using the local Plesk's FTP server as a remote storage is prohibited. Please specify a remote location.

btw i want to transfer from plesk panel and this panel have to domain and i want to transfer backup from one domain to other domain in same panel using ftp
ie.
Capture.JPG

hope i can explain it well

thanks for help

Last edited by a moderator:
Back