• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Forwarded to devs Backup Permissions in Service Plan are not working as expected

Xio

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Backup Permissions in Service Plan are not working as expected
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
CentOS 7
Plesk 17.8.11 Update #9
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
With the following permissions set (see below) on a Service Plan I would expect users, that are using it, would be able to make a full (website content and databases etc) backup only on their own FTP server. However I would also expect they are able to create a backup of the configuration settings like DNS and Mail on the server storage. This does not seem to work because when users are trying to do this they get an error asking them to configure a remote backup side. Is this a bug or am I interpreting these options wrong?

Service Plan permission settings:
Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage: Disabled
Backup and restoration of subscription data using an FTP storage: Enabled
Backup and restoration of account data using the server storage: Enabled
Backup and restoration of account data using an FTP storage: Enabled​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Configure Service Plan with the following Backup and restoration settings:

Backup and restoration of subscription data using the server storage: Disabled
Backup and restoration of subscription data using an FTP storage: Enabled
Backup and restoration of account data using the server storage: Enabled
Backup and restoration of account data using an FTP storage: Enabled​
ACTUAL RESULT:
It disables the option to make a backup (small size) without website, mail or database content on server storage​
EXPECTED RESULT:
I expect it would give the user the option to create small backups by themselves but they are not allowed to backup the full website, mail and database content​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

From developer:

Ability to back up account data means backup of customer's own settings with all his subscriptions data. Currently, we have no separate permissions to distinct content of backups.

Back