• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Resolved BackUp - Problem

DuerrSteidle

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

I want to restore a back-up of a website.

Now I have been getting the following picture for an hour?

It is a small WordPress website and I have never used the BackUp test before.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings
Unbenannt.JPG

After a long time it works. I dont know how long but sure over one hour?

I open the log and now I see this what are the next steps?

Unbenannt02.JPG

hm... in the logs there is nothing that would explain the time..

Whats the size of the backup? Is it a full-backup or incremental?

regards,

It was an incremental backup.

And I just backup one website.

If there is no way to see what it is currently doing and how long it will take, it would be easier to understand.

Okey thats explains the behaivor..

When you run backups incremental and restore certain time, plesk loads the fullbackup and than the incremental to restore the data, this is the point why it take the time.

If you have any further questions, let me know.

regards,

Ok thank you very much for the answer.

So if I make the backup from a full backup and not an incremental one then it should be quick?

Is it also possible to save individual websites incrementally and then not save the entire server incrementally?

Ok thank you very much for the answer.

So if I make the backup from a full backup and not an incremental one then it should be quick?

Is it also possible to save individual websites incrementally and then not save the entire server incrementally?
When you just make a full backup of the domain plesk just loads the latest full-backup or eaven the one you want to restore, but it takes more space if you do every day an backup for example.

You can sheudle backups for every single domain on your server, just go to domains-> domain.tld -> backup-manager.
There you can run specific backups or sheudle tasks.

Ok, thank you very much, I understand.

I am currently testing whether I can do all backups via Plesk in order to do without my WordPress plugin Updraft.

I have another question about this.

Is it possible to clone websites to another server or to copy the data to another server? That's the only option I can't find so far?

Ok thank you very much.

I had only looked in the WordPress Toolkit so far, but that's not possible, is it?

Is the copy process to another server only possible directly via domain?
But that would mean that I have to copy the website and database separately or?

Unbenannt04.JPG

There is a copy-websites extensions for plesk available or the migration manager. Both are highly recommended

Ok but it seems not to be a simple domain migration right?

Or what for an extension you mean with this "copy-websites extensions for plesk"?

It's the link that Igor posted below... here are the steps to perform:

Let's assume that copy performs from example.com to example.org. Both domains exist under the same account.
  1. Log into Plesk Go to Domains > example.com > Website Copying.
  2. Specify the following settings at the page:
    • The Website in Plesk option is already selected by default.
    • Select the destination domain in the Site name dropdown menu - example.org.
    • Select the required option for the What to do with existing files:
      • Keep existing files on the destination site
        It will overwrite existing files with coinciding file names on the destination site.
      • Delete all existing files
        It will delete all files on the destination site before copying.
  3. Press the OK button to start the copying process.

You can copy all needed files and databases of the domain to antoher server and may assign them to another customer/reseller. With the migration tool you have the option to copy the hole customer/reseller/subscription.

Back