• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup/Restore is FUBAR...

S

systemseven

I have a server running Plesk 7.0 right now. I really want to move to 7.5 so I can have full DNS control through MS DNS + more. I did a backup of Plesk with the Plesk backup utility. When I try to restore to a fresh server + Plesk 7.5 install, it bombs out. This is the message...

"Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\locale\common\logos\logo35018"."

What the hell does this mean? I really need to get the new version working and any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

After installing plesk 7.5 you should create folder "C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\locale\common\logos"
Then restore backup of plesk 7 from Backup Utility.
Then copy files from that folder to "C:\Program Files\SWSoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\images\logos"

PS: By the way you can download plesk 7.5.1 now

Originally posted by sshssh
PS: By the way you can download plesk 7.5.1 now

yes but does the upgrade actually work now? anyone tried it?

I also want to use the new DNS features and look into their Firewall application, but do not know if it is safe to do an upgrade yet. Has anyone done this? If so, should we download the web interface upgrade or the install file (200+MB)?

I tried the upgrade...........

Well, I tried the upgrade and it crashed my system (the new upgrade). It crashed because I had ActivePerl and Mailenable Pro installed. You have to uninstall those kinds of apps before upgrading. I had to restore my entire system last night though. Luckly I had backed it up with Acronis TrueImage before proceeding with the upgrade. I will try it again this weekend.

Good Luck...

Re: I tried the upgrade...........

I have upgraded without uninstalling MailEnable Pro first... now the mail services are dead. Is there a way to correct this without re-installing the whole system??! Thank you.

Originally posted by systemseven
Well, I tried the upgrade and it crashed my system (the new upgrade). It crashed because I had ActivePerl and Mailenable Pro installed. You have to uninstall those kinds of apps before upgrading. I had to restore my entire system last night though. Luckly I had backed it up with Acronis TrueImage before proceeding with the upgrade. I will try it again this weekend.

Good Luck...

Back