• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Server

sparker366

New Pleskian
I have a VPS with Parallels Plesk Panel 11 on it. I want to back it up to a backup server I purchased http://serverdragon.com/backup.php

How can I accomplish this? I thought the backup manager would allow me to use this server to backup to but in trying to set it up it won't recognize it. I have root access to it via sftp and ssh. I am by no means a server guy. I can follow instructions for the most part.

Try to login your FTP storage from your plesk server and check the connection Also I will suggest you to check the backup logs when you run the FTP backup on your server

Re

Try to login your FTP storage from your plesk server and check the connection Also I will suggest you to check the backup logs when you run the FTP backup on your server
May be you miss understood my question. I am using Backup Manager and trying to enter connection info into Home>Tools & Settings>Backup Manager: Personal FTP Repository>
Personal FTP Repository Settings
it won't connect to that server. Using an ip address user name root and password. I should be a secure connection

Are you able to login to your FTP account on the backup server by using an FTP client? Maybe you need to create a non-root FTP account?

ftp client works fine FlashFxp under windows with username root and the pwd.

Ok it was brought up to me to do a cron job to ftp some directories over to the ftp server. How would I implement that? I could also do a mysql dump to a file and back that up too.

Have you checked through the backup logs?

/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/<session>/psadump.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/sessions/<session>/migration.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/migration.log
/usr/local/psa/PMM/logs/pmmcli.log

If the server is having difficulty making an FTP connection when running a backup, there should be entries in

OK maybe I am missing something how about a screen shot of where I am in Plesk.

vidcap00177.png

When I put my ftp information under that selection it tells me I can't connect. I can clearly connect with flashfxp on port 22. So I have no idea what is going on. Again I am not a server guy. I am a noob to all this. I know nothing about linux and such.

Attachments

• vidcap00176.png
    vidcap00176.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 4
FTP runs on port 21, not 22.

Ensure that you can make an FTP connection to port 21 using your root account login.

Yes I figured that out just a short while ago after I replied.

I was able to setup a user on my ftp server for port 21 access and its connects and it backed upped fine

Very frustrating cause the port being used didn't register till some time later. They should allow you to select either port 21 or port 22 would make things easier.

Plesk panel doesn't run backup using SFTP, so being able to select port 22 would be pointless! That's why it's called FTP Repository, not SFTP Repository! For the record, SFTP is basically File Transfer over SSH. FTPS is FTP with SSL.

Glad it's now working anyway!

Last edited:
Back