• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Backup Task Progress: Failed

G

German Wider

Hi!
On Backup Manager > Current Backup Tasks most or all tasks are showing a "Failed (Remove" in the task progress column.
However, the backup archives seem to be written to FTP ok.
Sadly there is no more information provided and I haven't received any status email to the error email address provided.

Can you possibly shed some light as to "why" Plesk considers the task failed?
(Is it just the old "data changed while we read it"?)
Are there any logs where I'd find more details?

Thank you!
Waldi

This may not be the your situation. What I believe caused that in my case was when using the Personal FTP repository for the target. In my case these needed to be set to passive FTP. on upgrade, this box seemed to have been changed to unchecked. so the backup task ran, completed but in fact failed (timed out basically) A sure clue on this is how long it takes Plesk to return with results if you select Personal Repository. A long wait point to this.

As far as backup goes now, it seems to be firing off backups I don't having scheduled (accounting for the UTC time adjustment) - maybe leftovers from before the upgrade. still chasing this one.

Thanks for the reply! I've tried that. While I have to wait until tomorrow to see if the "failed" errors have gone away, I can already tell that it's still taking about 3-5 minutes to load the Private FTP Repository. Regardless if active or passive mode is set. That somehow looks fishy as well.

Back