• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backup Tool

J

jamescrown

How this suggestion or feedback never reached you in beta testing I'll never know...

I'd like to suggest that you create a similar backup and restore tool that plesk 8 had for plesk 9.

As far as I can see there are not as many options with this new backup tool. These may be hidden somewhere in your command line, however they are not available with the GUI like plesk 8. Compare the plesk 8 GUI and the plesk 9 GUI. Why were so many options simply left out?

In plesk 8 I can make a psa using the backup tool, I can upload it to another server with plesk, I can double click that file, and then the restore tool will load allowing me to restore.

With plesk 9 you have to jump through more hoops and the results are not as impressive.

That's because there is only shell backup available, the GUI is dead. If there will be no more flexible GUI I am out.

Back