• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Backups not incramenting

S

sieb@

Has anyone noticed a problem with scheduled psadumps not incramenting the filename? Mine just appends [1] or [2], etc, at the end of the first backups filename. Its also creating a second file with the same filename but with a ".1" as the extension to the filename..

Also, if I try and remake the scheduled backup, it puts about 12 entries in the scheduler, all set to run at the same time.

Same here...
SWsoft, please fix this issue in the next release.

Max size of Plesk backup file is 2 GB.
If the file grows to 2 GB Plesk creates next file .psa.N

In earlier versions of 7.5, it would increment the date stamp in the filename, so every dump created would end in the current date (psadump on linux does this). Since 7.5.5, it has not done this for me. Looking at the schedule config file thats called when the backup is run, there is an entry to tell it whether or not to overwrite a previous dump, but no mention of incrementing the filename, it just uses the same filename over and over.

It seems, all features you required present in Plesk Backup utility.
Start->All Program->SWsoft->Plesk Backup->File-> Schedule Backup

Please take a look at mentioned utility

John S.G.

In "Schedule Plesk Backup" there is an option "Select file:" + "If backup exists: Overwrite | Generate next file name"

We would like to see an option to generate filename by date.

Example
1st backup file is called:
psa-7.5-2005.11.29.psa

and, currently, the following backups are named:
psa-7.5-2005.11.29[1].psa
psa-7.5-2005.11.29[2].psa

instead of:
psa-7.5-2005.11.30.psa
psa-7.5-2005.12.01.psa
psa-7.5-2005.12.02.psa

Back