• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Backups to remote storage costing extra... are you kidding me?

TH-pleskuser

New Pleskian
I've been using Plesk for many years and have a server with the free OneDrive backup extension which works reasonably well and reliably.
On a new machine now, I realized that I'm expected to pay an EXTRA 4 USD per month to be able to backup my Plesk install to a remote destination.

I find that absolutely ludicrous.. It's not about the 4 USD, it's about Plesk looking for extra ways to blatantly screw their customers... This is already the most expensive webhosting solution, and now I have to "pay to play" to have a BACKUP in a remote location, really? I can understand charging for premium features, backing up you server when you pay 15-20 USD per month license fees should NOT require extra cost for a simple task of backing up your data.

I'll now use a terminal script to rsync the local backups to a remote location. Thanx for nothing, Plesk....

What did change exactly?

As far as I am aware there are no recent changes with regard to external backup storage. Scheduled subscriptions backups to cloud location have always required the purchase of the Backup to Cloud Pro extension. Manual subscriptions backups can be store without any additional cost, as they always have. Same goes for both manual and scheduled full server backups.

The only thing that has changed is that Plesk now shows a message that scheduled subscriptions backups to cloud location is a premium feature that require the purchase of the Backup to Cloud Pro extension.

Well, I've been using onedrive with plesk for free for a few years now.. I never downloaded the "buy" version since it came up. Working like a charm.
Just realized on a new plesk install that I'm being ripped off...

Thanks to the open source community, I managed to setup my onedrive backup for free with this little app:

Works like a charm, once you figure out the logic. It's documented AMAZINGLY well. Hope this can help others that come across this thread and are wondering why they are being ripped off for things that should be free (or paid for through the horrendous license fees).

1693139112114.png

Hello everyone, unfortunately, I discovered today that Plesk now requires an additional $4 per month for scheduled backups in the cloud (in my case, Google Drive).

I will need to reorganize my plans. It's not a pleasant experience when Plesk licenses have become so expensive over the years. If there were an alternative, I would switch providers.

ℹ️ text translated

Back