• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bad Gateway error after update

Php 5 is working now

Hi,

My php 5 is sucesfully instaled.

This notes could be usefull for you:

1. for http://kb.swsoft.com/article_149_1048_en.html
in step 16:
execute cmd
write: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Admin\websrvmng.exe -–reconfigure-all

Wait some minutes

2. Pear is requiered for some pages as phpnuke, so install it from C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\php\go.pear.bat
be sure sucessfull install, in case it fails, try again.

3. in Php.ini, some i did:

include_path = ".;./includes;./pear;C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\php"
extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\Php\ext"
cgi.force_redirect = 0
cgi.rfc2616_headers = 1
upload_tmp_dir = C:\Windows\temp
;extension=php_mbstring.dll
;extension=php_bz2.dll
extension=php_curl.dll
;extension=php_dba.dll
;extension=php_dbase.dll
;extension=php_exif.dll
;extension=php_fdf.dll
;extension=php_filepro.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
;extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_ifx.dll
extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_interbase.dll
;extension=php_ldap.dll
extension=php_mcrypt.dll
;extension=php_mhash.dll
;extension=php_mime_magic.dll
;extension=php_ming.dll
extension=php_mssql.dll
;extension=php_msql.dll
extension=php_mysql.dll
;extension=php_oci8.dll
;extension=php_openssl.dll
;extension=php_oracle.dll
;extension=php_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_shmop.dll
;extension=php_snmp.dll
extension=php_sockets.dll
;extension=php_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_sybase_ct.dll
;extension=php_tidy.dll
;extension=php_xmlrpc.dll
;extension=php_xsl.dll

Thats All folks!!

My issue with this is that I am all for a more secure system....but that more secure system shouldn't just make changes to a *working* system without knowing that it is going to break 90% of the main apps that people run on a host.

In other words saying "we did it to be more secure" doesn't make the fact that they didn't notify those upgrading that they would break well-known and well-deployed applications, much less build any detection into the install routines to notify the installer that it just overwrote the permissions on directories (like ASPupload). These are directories that *we* manage the security on...not Plesk.

When you get a "installation was successful" and then realize that while plesk may work, none of your clients apps on top of plesk will.....well, I don't call that a success.

And then to hear that I need to pay for support on issue like that they cause? pfffttt Didn't think I was dealing with Microsoft

It's been a long, frustrating night/day after the upgrade so excuse my tone

-matt

Originally posted by RobertS
Nope.

According to the plesk support engineer who helped me he had to make report to the developers to fix this if I could not change the code.
Luckely I could change my code.

On almost all plesk files of plesk the user rights have been changed from allow to deny, so it is almost impossible to find out which files you need to change the rights.
Just changing them would not be that smart, it would completely open your webserver for any hacker or scriptkiddy arround.

If you really need it to be fixed it would be better to send in a support ticket to sw-soft, if you do not have a support license you always can buy an 1 incident support linsence in the online swsoft shop.

I bought a new license to fix this problem, my old lincense was leased until 30-6-2006 so I got a new one directly from SW-Soft itself. (the also got now a special offer, free 3 smartertools lisences included)

We see it the same way...

Those updates should be checked by sw-soft before release and it should be made completely clear that if you apply the update you will end to 90% in non-working scripts!

As that wasn't just a simple "bug-fix" upgrade, that should have been made clear! :mad:

I should mention that prior to making the update I completely read the release notes. I almost didn't upgrade because of a line that read something like "Do not upgrade from xxxx, only do this on a clean install". As I read, and re-read it though I saw it was only talking about those who were at earlier release versions. Now I have to wonder if they shouldn't have just told all of us at 7.56 to not upgrade as well.

By the way, if this were done for the purpose of security...how secure do you think those systems are going to be who in trying to resolve their problem have probably now completely opened up their system by giving psaadm and psaclt full control across the board.

The thing that really got me was that they didn't just edit locations where they already some sort of permission...they *added* themselves to places they weren't already at and then set themselves to *deny* access. I mean, what the hell kind of sense does that make?

-matt

Bad Gateway problems

I tried setting the group operations to use php and php as ISAPI, but it didn't work. In fact it made several of my domains go 503 on me.

I'm waiting on my admin to respond to my inquiry about these problems, but wondered if anyone has had any other solutions come about.

I was getting the bad gateway error using List Messenger, which I know uses fopen. Not sure how to fix that, as I'm not a programmer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
- Thomas

The only way to fix that fopen bug, is either by upgrading PHP or by rewriting the code to use curl() instead of fopen().

Richard

Guys, Rspeelman is correct. And the solution is simple. Just download the php version that he links you to and overwrite the existing php directory.

Tested and confirmed.

I have also updated from PHP4 to PHP5.
I have read and followed the instructions by SWsoft and the KB.
First, nothing worked.

After a couple of hours it worked now, because i have followed the instructions from this thread.

So first of all, a very big thanks to all here.

But now i have got only one thing left.

Before i updated to PHP5, under PHP4 as it was installed by the default Plesk installation i could create an php.ini for each domain (with smtp setting and temp folders setting for the domains) and then i could put this domain-customized php.ini file in the document-root of the domain (httpdocs) an it worked fine for each domain.

Since the update to PHP5 theese customized php.ini files doesn't work anymore.

I have copied the new working php.ini (created by PHP5) from C:\Windows to the domain-document-roots and modified it with the domain customized settings (SMTP and Temp Folders).

But no effect anymore. The domain takes, as in php_info.php shown the (global) settings from C:\Windows\php.ini.

What can i do, that the domain-customized php.ini's will work under the domain-document.roots again?

Sorry for my english, too... i am still learning it...

Thanks for your input and ideas.

Kind regards,

Thorsten

Originally posted by mattridings
Guys, Rspeelman is correct. And the solution is simple. Just download the php version that he links you to and overwrite the existing php directory.

Tested and confirmed.

I have tested this as well and it worked perfectly. Version 4.4.3 fixes the issue.

worked !

worked fine for me, just a few more problems to solve.......
I am afraid for ever to do an update.

Just ran into a Joomlasite on my server that gave me the error again when posting in a forum

Bad Gateway
Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server.

Unfortunately there most be something else that is still unsolved...

After upgrade from 7.5.6 i have had problem with include("URL")
than i have follow your suggest and i have upgraded to 4.4.3 now all work fine but the security? Can i be quit with security?
Best regards.

i have upgraded to 4.4.3 now all work fine but the security? Can i be quit with security?

You will get only the security vulnerability that are in PHP 4.4.3. You should check the website of php for know issue's.

I have also this problem is ther no Fix ?

Little hint: Make the world a little better and start with yourself.

Try to read this thread completely before asking stupid questions like this.

Richard

I have read this thread and i can not update to PHP 5 my Website and other Scripts are not 100% working on PHP 5.

Back