• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Bandwidth Throttling

J

JoaoCorreia

Would you like to see Bandwidth Throttling on clients ?

mod_throttle will do what is needed (as would a few tutorials out there involving internal proxies), but I think the point of the poll is to ask for a Plesk-based section for throttling the max in/out rat control for domains.
And yeah, I'd like to see one... as well as webserver and MySQL tweak center, like the one built into iis (where you can set the service to run according to the expected number of hits).

Neat idea - ideally this would be something you could work into a template just like you can other hosting features.

Originally posted by alex042
mod_throttle
alex042 - Have you been able to get mod_throttle to work with Apache 2.0x? If you have, I know there are some who would appreciate a Howto or pointers!

alex042 - Have you been able to get mod_throttle to work with Apache 2.0x? If you have, I know there are some who would appreciate a Howto or pointers!
Actually, I've never had a need to try to install this myself. I was just passing on what I've heard mention before.

NightStorm:

Your post of 21 Dec, 2004: rat control

Freudian slip?

John

What would happen if Bandwidth Throttling where setup on a web site? Would the hits over limit not recieve a page back or would the server respond more slowly as in less band width per connection?

Would this be a way of protecting the server from being overwhelmed or protecting ones pocket book (as in) "will work for Bandwidth"?

HMIBarryLSalter -

I had forgotten about this thread. Mod_throttle won't work with Apache 2.x

The alternative is to use bw_mod
Author : Ivan Barrera (Bruce)
Contact E-Mail : [email protected] / Also MSN
Current Version : v0.6 Stable

NAME
bw_mod v0.6 [Download][Readme]
bw_mod v0.6 Windows Release for Apache 2.0.53 [Download]
bw_mod v0.6 Windows Release for Apache 2.0.54 [Download]

PURPOSE
* Restrict the number of simultaneous connections per vhost/dir