1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Bandwidth Throttling

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by JoaoCorreia, Dec 20, 2004.

1. JoaoCorreia

JoaoCorreia Guest

Would you like to see Bandwidth Throttling on clients ?

2. hexstar

hexstar Guest

yes I would like to see bandwidth throttling on clients

3. alex042

alex042 Guest

mod_throttle

4. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

mod_throttle will do what is needed (as would a few tutorials out there involving internal proxies), but I think the point of the poll is to ask for a Plesk-based section for throttling the max in/out rat control for domains.
    And yeah, I'd like to see one... as well as webserver and MySQL tweak center, like the one built into iis (where you can set the service to run according to the expected number of hits).

5. chris@virtbiz

chris@virtbiz Guest

Neat idea - ideally this would be something you could work into a template just like you can other hosting features.

6. pchammer

pchammer Guest

Still waiting for this...come on SW Soft! :D

7. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

alex042 - Have you been able to get mod_throttle to work with Apache 2.0x? If you have, I know there are some who would appreciate a Howto or pointers!

8. alex042

alex042 Guest

Actually, I've never had a need to try to install this myself. I was just passing on what I've heard mention before.

9. wjtech

wjtech Guest

NightStorm:

Your post of 21 Dec, 2004: rat control

Freudian slip?

John

10. HMIBarryLSalter

HMIBarryLSalter Basic Pleskian

What would happen if Bandwidth Throttling where setup on a web site? Would the hits over limit not recieve a page back or would the server respond more slowly as in less band width per connection?

Would this be a way of protecting the server from being overwhelmed or protecting ones pocket book (as in) "will work for Bandwidth"?

HMIBarryLSalter -

11. jamesyeeoc

jamesyeeoc Guest

I had forgotten about this thread. Mod_throttle won't work with Apache 2.x

The alternative is to use bw_mod
    http://www.ivn.cl/apache/#bandwidth