• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Plesk backup over SFTP consumes the bandwidth of the network Interface.

linuxman1

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.55 Update #2, l
Dear community, I have an issue with Plesk backup over SFTP, first it works great! but some times because it uploads to SFTP server the connections to the server get to be slow! I think because the uploading of backups consumes the bandwidth of the network interface the server uses. what advise I may have, websites are slow at that time.

I suggest to install "nload" on your system and measure the network throughput to find out whether it is really exhausting the bandwidth. Another reason for slowing the server during backups can be the file compression. It requires a lot of cpu power.

Hi Peter, I am pretty sure it's the backup, the monthly full backup as this issue happens one day only in a month, the day of full backup, during the backups the load on CPU is not high, so I think it's related to upload, 400G of full backup is not a small one, and usually during last hours of backup this issue happens, would you comment please, Thank you!

We have alerting takes place when CPU gets high load, during backups we don't get alarms! also I enabled at "Plesk backup" the options of low priority for all backups processes.

Back