1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Bandwith / size limits?

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by jorge ceballos, Nov 27, 2011.

1. jorge ceballos

jorge ceballos Basic Pleskian

73%
    Hi,
    Upgraded to 10.4.4 a couple of days ago.
    Have been trying to send a 2MB email but the connection drops either using Horde or Outlook and if I try to upload it using FTP, it just stops at 320 Kb.
    Looking at the logs I just get for the email :
    qmail-queue-handlers[23618]: possibly qmail-smtpd exited by timeout, reset connection. See "http://pobox.com/~djb/docs/smtplf.html." for get more information

and nothing at xfer logs.
    It is not my ISP as everthing is ok working on other servers.
    Looks like a size / bandwith transfer limit was introduced in this version; any idea?? Please advice.
    Customers will start complaining any minute...

TIA

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Such an error may occur because some of messages are misformed, they contain so called "bare line feed" character. You can read about it at http://cr.yp.to/docs/smtplf.html.

Your clients need to fix their Mail User Agent settings in order to have their mail accepted and delivered by qmail.

3. jorge ceballos

jorge ceballos Basic Pleskian

73%
    thanks for the prompt answer but it also happens uploading files and using Horde; that's the reason it led to think of a bandwith limiter.