• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

bat file launching

N

Nicolas Gibelin

Hello,

Here is my problem :

I'm developing a web portal on Windows Server 2003. The test sections are tested directly on IIS and accessed via the server's IP but the official and stable version is accessible only through our domain managed by Plesk 8.6

In the new version of the portal, I have to launch a bat file (FOP) which creates a pdf thanks to a xml and a xsl file. This bat file calls some jars.

In the development version, there is no problem, pdf generated but as soon as i host the portal through Plesk, the bat file is launched but the pdf is not generated anymore. I made some tests :

- The bat file is launched, no problem, it executes and even can write some txt files in the directory where I want the pdf to be created.
- The command line is correct. I've extracted it and tested it manually in cmd.exe and it works perfectly.
- The directory has the write permissions. In .NET, I can create a directory and write a xml file in it but when I call the bat file to create the pdf, it does not work so the problem must come from the bat autorisations ?

Recently, an error has been raised, telling me that the bat file could not open "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\i386\jvm.cfg". I've set some permissions but it still doesn't work.

Since the problem comes with the Plesk hosting (as far as i know), do you know anything about this ?

Thank you

Back