• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Batch Email Import for Plesk

A

AronF

I've got Plesk 9.2 installed on Windows Server 2008 using Mail Enable Enterprise as the Email server. Everything is working fine. I can go in for any domain and hand key as many email addresses as I want but I've got literally hundreds of email addresses to create.

Does anybody know how I can automate the creation of email addresses through plesk?

I still want Plesk to be aware of the new addresses as the owners of each email account may want to log in to Plesk and adjust SPAM/AV settings.

I've done several searches on either a command line console or some other scripting method for getting what I need done and have not had any success.

My Solution

Here's the powershell script that I ended up with, for anybody else that might have this same question or might wonder what the status of my query is:

Using the following CLI resource for Plesk 9.2, I was able to construct this PowerShell script to create the desired email accounts:

foreach ($email in Get-Content "C:\your email list.csv") { $eml = $email.split(", ")[0]; $pass = $email.split(", ")[1]; cmd.exe /c "mail --create $eml -passwd $pass -cp-access true -mailbox true -antivirus inout"; cmd.exe /c "spamassassin.exe -u $eml -status true"; }

The script reads in a .csv file and does some basic parsing to grab the appropriate email/password values and then enables several options including spam filtering on the inbox.

I hope this helps somebody!

--Aron

Back