• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Beginner needs some help - Plesk manual or tutorials

V

vim4u

Beginner to plesk. Could someone please guide me to a site, manual or tutorial that can help me with getting up to spead with Plesk? Like how do I configure the oscommerce? Or what or how do I receive webmail, once I have set it up. I can't remember is it http://webmail.myname.com. horde or whatever? I love the small amount of experience I have had with it so far but want to understand all the features, plus set up an ecommerce/shopping cart, plus blog etc and etc. I am a student and obviously fairly new at this.

Any suggestions would help. I am low in finances so can not pay for the support nor books. Is there any manuals or tutorials that come with this. I can only find or get limited Help while in Plesk.

Regards,
vim4U:rolleyes:

For configuring and using specific packages such as osCommerce and Forum software, the best place to learn about them is at the actual author's site/forums.

Installing them with the App Vault (if you have that license) makes installing quite easy and mostly brainless.

Webmail: you are correct (http://webmail.yourdomain.com) is where you would browse to login and do your online email.

Remember, Plesk is just a pretty GUI interface for hosting management, they are not the ones which author/write all the additional software, so as such, are not the ones who would necessarily provide docs/manuals/instructions for such as:

PHP
Apache
Perl
Linux OS
Horde/IMP
Qmail
osCommerce
phpBB
other app software packages....

These forums can be a wealth of information and help. As long as you post a clear complete question with enough background information for others to be able to help. Posts such as "my server won't work" with little or no details, and "I want to redirect something to somewhere" when it's actually a much more complicated issue, are the ones which usually don't get much, if any, help.. :)

Welcome to the world of *nix, open source software, and Plesk.

I like the part about growing up is optional. In my last post, I think horde is in their somewhere and have typed in differenct mutations of the webmail.mydomain. horde or flipped it. It still is not working even though the webmail looks like it is setup. Anyway - maybe it is DNS. Thanks for all of your help. I am going to try to remove it and then redo it.

Back