• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best approach to make specific configurations on Plesk (postfix, mysql, apache, etc)

femotvaff

Regular Pleskian
What is the best approach to make custom configurations on Plesk
to not be overwritten from system or from update?

ex how to setup postfix with a special configuration for exampe (removing ip from Header)

Is there a right approach for this?

Vhosts configuration can be permanently customized by templates, it is described in Plesk documentation. Postfix can be customized partially. What else?

Please explain posfix how and where we can customize (we need to remove IP from Header)

And ok for template, but every site has specific configurations
So what you suggest?

Mysql conf is out of plesk right?
Apache?

thank you

Please explain posfix how and where we can customize (we need to remove IP from Header)
I don't know exactly how to remove IP from Header, but if you have solution - you can try to apply it.
And ok for template, but every site has specific configurations
So what you suggest?
I suggest to use Web Server Settings for domains in Plesk UI and specify needed settings there for particular sites.
Mysql conf is out of plesk right?
Settings in my.cnf will not be overwritten by Plesk.
Use mentioned templates for vhosts.

I don't know exactly how to remove IP from Header, but if you have solution - you can try to apply it.

yes we know how, but this configuration can will be overwritten by plesk right?
So it' better that we make every plesk update manually...

Back