• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best practice for Plesk on RHEL

H

HopChop

Hello!

I have plesk 7.5.3 running on RHEL3 since a couple of weeks and it works like a charm during my testings. I'm a complete newbie to plesk and haven't used RHEL before (but other distributions of linux/unix) and have some questions. I've been browsing this forum trying to get the answers but with no luck.

1. Should I use up2date or some kind of update service for RHEL or do I break configurations made by plesk then (if I for example update apache)? I of course don't want to run a server with possible exploits, but at the same time I don't want to destoy some of the magic glue made by plesk.

2. I've read in the forum that the components in the application vault doesn't get frequent updates. Do people update the components manually, let the components be old versions or is the application vault seldom used?

Back