• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best practise / Most popular setup

P

pcmcdermott

Hi, I hope i'm in the right forum. I THINK I have Plesk v8.1.0 (looking at C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Install\061129.18\plesk_8.1.0_build061129.18.msi on the server, I'm guessing its not been updated online since then....)

Problem

I've been brought in to a new company to set up a new creative department, part of that department includes hosting and they currently use Plesk on Windows Server 2003 (I'm a cPanel guy - don't swear at me!) serving hundreds of clients. I'm getting used to it, and can do the basic stuff, but what I want to do is set up what i'd call Hosting Packages and Feature Lists...

I'm getting abit confused with the user templates and domain templates... I understand that we are creating 1 user per 1 domain... users cannot setup multiple accounts and multiple domains..

I want for example the following Hosting Packages:

Starter - 1MB
Light - 2MB, xEmail
Professional - 3MB, xEmail, xSQL
Developer - 4MB, xEmail, xSQL etc

Then, for each hosting, various features will be available:

Starter - webmail
Light - webmail, webstats
Professional - webmail, webstats, something else
Developer - webmail, webstats, something else, even more

I'd really like to know the best practise for getting all this sorted out in the best way, has anyone got any goods URLs i can take a look at?

There are also some existing "packages" to select when adding a domain, that I cant find in either Domain Template, or Client Template...

Any help would be great, im not quite at the hair pulling stage, more the mildly miffed stage ha.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Back