• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Best Way To Backup MySQL Database?

S

Superman859

I have a site setup and have been using Plesk for a while now, but now I am starting to think more seriously about better backups.

I realize there is the backup feature under each domain which will back up the files in that domain, but is there an easy way to backup the MySQL databases? I have 6 for my main domain, each consisting of multiple tables. The only way I know how to back them up currently is to log in to phpMyAdmin for each database individually and export it as a zip file. However, this would take a long time to do easily and frequently enough for a solid backup system. I also remember there was some file size limit either for uploading or downloading (one, I don't remember which) tables / etc. for a particular database, and some of mine are fairly large and do go over the amount.

So, what would be the best method to set up easy backups for this? Preferably automatic, but if not, at least something I can do to take care of it. I'm still getting used to the Linux file system and am not entirely sure how it all works in the background - Is there a directory somewhere that contains all the files for the database? If so, would it be possible and a good option to simply zip that directory and FTP it to another server or download it to my computer?

Again, it's also integrated into Plesk so the file system may be a bit different than it normally would be.

Just trying to find a good solution, as my most important data is in the databases and I don't have time to manually do each one individually often enough. I'd like a 'backup databases' feature similar to the backup files feature...

Back