• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Better approach to managing customer privileges?

What would be your preference to managing customer privileges

• Make privileges control located together with relevant settings

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keep all privileges controlled from a single page

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Keep it as is. I don't like changes.

• I don't do shared hosting.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sergey L

CTO Plesk
Staff member
Hi, the engineering team would like to ask opinion of those Plesk users who do shared hosting service - what would be a more convenient to manage customer privileges?

Our options:
1) All permissions on one page. You have a big list and you decide what shall be allowed or prohibited.
Benefit: can easily overview all settings
Problem: "how do I make users not accessing this screen?"
2) Each permission is located together with a relevant settings. i.e. on PHP Settings screen you have a permission "allow PHP Settings management" for customer.
Benefit: Admin can easily find out how to limit customer's access to some particular settings
Problem: No overview of all privileges given

This change isn't a goal per se, but it may become a result of other changes and we will appreciate your feedback in order to make proper choice.

Disclaimer: this change isn't for 10.4, but for more distant version

1) All permissions on one page. You have a big list and you decide what shall be allowed or prohibited.
Benefit: can easily overview all settings
Problem: "how do I make users not accessing this screen?"

You mean the permissions page? Perhaps there should be three options available (much like the effect of greying of unavailable permissions in Plesk 8) :

Option 1 : Account has this permission
Option 2 : Account does not have this permission and cannot see that he doesn't have it (ie in the Permissions screen this entry would be missing, this is appropriate where the permission relates to something that is never offered).
Option 3 : Account does not have this permission and can see that he doesn't have this permission (this is an upsell opportunity!).

Paul.

Option 3 : Account does not have this permission and can see that he doesn't have this permission (this is an upsell opportunity!).

Thanks Paul!
Could you give me example of which upsell options you see in permissions? We work on support for upsell in limits ("want another domain?"), but if you upsell in permissions we'd probably add support for it. BTW, which software do you use to sell/bill hosting?

Regards

Back