• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

BIND not incrementing serial number for one domain

mgreen

New Pleskian
I have a Plesk server that is the DNS master for many domains. There is one domain that the serial number does not get incremented for when changes are made to the zone. The zone is not syncing or updating the zone with its slave unless it is forced to using rdnc. I have tried resetting the zone to its defaults, removing, adding, and changing records but none of that caused Plesk to changed the serial number. I have not seen any errors in the logs that might tell me why the serial number of the zone is not or cannot be updated. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Microsoft Windows Server 2012
Panel version 11.5.30 Update #51

Try to update serial number for zone manually and check how it goes on:

- update it in dns_zone table for needed zone
- run 'dnsmng.exe update *'
- check dns logs

Try to update serial number for zone manually and check how it goes on:

- update it in dns_zone table for needed zone
- run 'dnsmng.exe update *'
- check dns logs
Igor,

Thank you for the solution to this problem. There was a duplicate record for the zone in the dns_zone table left from the site having been deleted and added back. The old record was higher in the table than the "new" zone record. After I removed the "old" record the "new" record incremented the serial number correctly when changes to the zone had been made.

Michael

Back